Forum Discussion

4 months ago

Combining and/or Deleting Inventory Items

Please add a feature (after years of different people asking) to add a 'Combine' button or a 'Delete Older Than 5 Years' button for MYOB Inventory ASAP! Please please please 🙏🙏!

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi wild_accounts,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

As the old inventory items cannot be deleted if they have been used in a transaction before, but you can inactivate them and add triple z (zzz)  in the beginning of their names, so they are pushed at the end of the inventory drop down list. This would make selection of items easier. We really value all your ideas and suggestions. Rest assured that we will let you know once there's an update with this matter. Each month we release improvements, new features, and bug fixes to MYOB Business as well. 

Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues. We are delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

• Hi Shella,

Thank you for your reply. I am however, aware of inactivating and renaming items with zzz at the beginning but this solution is not ideal when there are 1,000+ inventory items because of different people using the MYOB file. Inactivating is not the best option and I don't see why eveything else should be able to get deleted after 5 years or combined EXCEPT inventory items. Several people have asked for this and it would be a VERY beneficial feature for MYOB users.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi wild_accounts

Thanks for the response. 

We really appreciate your patience regarding this. This is noted and will raise to the relevant team. If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Shella