Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Inventory adjustment

Inventory adjustments. I am a butcher and I have inventoried my Meat. I have Itemised my carcass and and separate cuts of meat. When entering a purchase I enter the total amount of carcass weight in Kgs. I need to transfer the weight from the carcass to the individual meat cuts. Can any way tell me the correct accounting procedure for the transfer.

5 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Cleaver

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how important it is that we record our inventory the right way. In my understanding, how an item is bought and sold can be set while creating your item. You check the buying and selling details tab of the item to make sure everything is set correctly. I recommend reading this article, Creating Items. This will give you a complete guide regarding how to set items. 

Feel free to let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

• All Items have been correctly entered with Asset, Income and COGS acccouunts

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Cleaver

Thanks for the response. 

May I know if you checked the Buying details and the Selling details tabs of the item?

You can make sure that the selling measure and buying measure of the items are correct. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
      Genreve

Cleaver
        User

Does myob Inventory allow the dis-assemblement of item a (Complete Beef Body) to be itemised. (bonned from the beef body of meat  a (carcass) into individaul cuts Items Such as T-Bone Steaks or Rump Steaks and than be transfered with quanities and cost price ). All my entries appear to be correct.