Forum Discussion

sarahtaylor93
Contributing User
5 months ago

Updating Item Pricing

Hello,

I am trying to update pricing on a part number but keep getting this error message:

'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction.

I don't track stock, just want to update pricing and have done this for parts invoiced out before.

The only transaction this part has been used in has been invoiced and paid although I'm not sure why that would even matter.

It also won't let me make the part inactive or delete it.

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sarahtaylor93

Thanks for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

We’re sorry to hear about your troubles with the pricing. The items per selling unit only appear if you track stocks in the system and this could not be altered if you already made transactions for the items. If we need to change this information the only option, we have is to create a new item. Here is the help article, units of measure for additional information. 

Let me know if you need further help and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

Cheers,

Shella

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi sarahtaylor93 

Are you trying to update via import? If yes, what you are seeing is caused by a bug in inventory. Ask MYOB to run an inventory script on your file if it is online.

Try to update manually on screen. If this fails, then you have a corruption in your file. Nothing should prevent you making an item inactive. If you need help and cannot get it from MYOB, try FGHTables - they can fix these issues.

Regards

Gavin

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi sarahtaylor93

Hope this messages finds you well. We would like to follow up on your concern. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi sarahtaylor93

Hope this message finds you well. Please be informed that we will be closing the thread now as were not able to receive any updates. Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues. We are delighted to assist you. 

Cheers, 

Shella