Partner Zone

MYOB Teams Approving Manager

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
chelseawright
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Teams Approving Manager

Another day, another issue with MYOB. Have tried using MYOB Teams over the past few weeks have set up an employee as an approving manager for other employees' timesheets and they cannot login to the MYOB team app to approve or amend timesheets it just says no administrator access. Have definitely set her up in the location and as an approving manager for the other employees so would appreciate a response that isn't just word-for-word repeating online tutorials that have already been read and offered absolutely no solution. Need a resolution for why MYOB Teams is not allowing an approving manager to login into the MYOB teams app and amend/approve timesheets. Also will not be giving this employee administrator access to the whole business file as this is completely unethical and they do not require access to financial or employee personal information, if MYOB Teams doesn't work without doing this then MYOB need to redesign their system, and actually test these new products extensively before putting out half-finished, error-filled software that is more hindrance then help. A quick reply would be appreciated but definitely not expected with MYOB. 

4 REPLIES 4
chelseawright
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Teams Approving Manager

Thanks MYOB for proving me right, a quick response is definitely not expected. 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,835Solutions

Hi @chelseawright 

As previously advised, we encourage users to offer assistance and advice on the Community Forum. This means that you will not always receive an immediate reply from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our phone-based or Live Chat teams.

An Approving manager does need to be a File Administrator to access the Team Admin Portal and to approve timesheets. I have passed your feedback regarding this on to the relevant team.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

chelseawright
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, Smiley Frustrated

Very confused as I did contact the MYOB support phone line and they advised you did need administrator access to approve/amend timesheets, took reference of the case number cause this advice seemed really incorrect and MYOB have set a precedent of giving out incorrect/conflicting advice (CASE# 01180434 - feel free to look back over the conversation as this was not the representative's fault as they clearly had no training). So if someone could please advise the actual proper process to set an employee as an approving manager so they can approve/amend timesheets that would be great as I have followed the online guides (absolutely no help), contacted the phone line (no help/wrong advice), contacted the community forum (no resolution/conflicting advice), contacted the customer service to lodge a complaint (no response as of yet) so would really love some actual support. Also please refer to the first line of this reply for an explanation as to why I do not like to use the MYOB phone support lines. 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,835Solutions

Hi @chelseawright 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If the approving manager is using the Team admin portal they will need administrator access. If they are using the mobile app they do not need administrator access.

Getting started with MYOB Team 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post