Forum Discussion

janjac
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago

PAYROLL PAY RATE & PAYMENT ARE NOT MATCHING

I am almost done with MYOB I tell you !!

Today I have completed my payroll which I have done over 200 times, today I have 1 employee who has returned to work for us, his pay rate on his employee information is $47/hr, the payrate printed on his payslip is $45/hr

HOW THE F#@&% DOES THIS HAPPEN ?

Now I have to fix his pay - now I have to wait for MYOB to fix MYOB !!

11 Replies

• I've just had an employee bring that to my attention to from 2 pay runs last year. It actually states on the payslip the hourly rate is $x per hour and the calculated rate is much lower in the breakdown on the pay slip! Not sure how to fix this one as it will now mess up the allocation! 

janjac
      Experienced Cover User

I have not had any response from MYOB, I don't know how to fix it either but need it sorted because as you would expect no one is happy with this situation, least of all me !!

It's not good enough.

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi janjac,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I cannot imagine how frustrating it can be to have an incorrect pay rate on the pay slip of your employee. I really appreciate your patience. I am more than happy to help you with this. There could be a few reasons why this is happening. It could be due to an error in the pay item setup or a linking issue with the pay item and the employee's card.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

• Check the pay item setup: Ensure that the pay rate is correctly set up in the pay item. If the pay rate is set to be calculated based on the employee's regular pay rate, ensure that the multiplier is correct. If it's a fixed hourly rate, ensure that the hourly rate is correct.
    • Check the employee's card. Ensure that the correct pay item is linked to the employee's card. If there are multiple pay items linked, ensure that the correct one is being used for the employee's pay.
    • Check for any linking errors. Sometimes, a pay item might be linked to more than one leave pay item in error. If this is the case, you'll need to unlink the incorrect pay item from the leave item.

I understand how important it is for you to have accurate pay slips, and I appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue. Please feel free to reach out if you've checked all these and the issue still persists. We're happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella

mjv
      User

Hi Shella,

All of the troubleshooting suggestions are not applicable in my case and I've had very unhelpful responses from the support team with no actual solution as to how to rectify the issue and correct it for BAS submission.

A solution would be much appreciated as the BAS deadline is looming. 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mjv,

Thanks for the response.

We regret to know that the troubleshooting provided above did not resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience with this matter. We recommend checking the pay rate of the employee by going to the employee card file. After checking the pay rate, proceed with checking the standard pay as well. You may set it to zero.

Once the set-up of the employee pay rate and standard pay is correct, you may proceed with reversing and reprocessing the pay run to have the corrected pay rate and amount reflected on the pay slip of the employee. This helpful article, Fixing a Pay for MYOB Business and Changing a Recorded Pay for AccountRight,.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella

janjac
      Experienced Cover User

HI Sheila,

There is no item set up for my employees, he is on a fixed hourly rate.

That rate is on his payslip as per last communication where it shows a rate and then a "calculated rate"

What is the calculated rate and why is it different.

I need this answered by tomorrow when it is pay day again and I already have to fix up the error on the last pay.

I don't want this to happen again.

Thankyou

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi janjac,

Thanks for your response, and my apologies for the delay in replying. I understand that the calculated rate and the hour rate differences can be confusing. The 'Calc. The Rate' field on the pay slip report is a calculated field; it doesn't pull from the hourly rate set in employee cards. It simply takes the actual total amount paid and divides it by the hours, producing the actual hourly rate used in the pay run. This field does allow for a maximum of 6 decimal places. The hourly rate shown when printing or emailing pay slips will still be 2 decimal places. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella