Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Matching Transactions to Bills

Hi Team, 

I am having trouble with matching bills to my bank transactions. 

Sometimes when there are a couple of bank transactions for the same bill, I go into match transactions and then all transactions, and match the bills that way.

However sometimes all the bills  I have created are not there, or they show up in there sometimes but not every time I go into it. It seems to be consistent as to when they do or dont show up.

For example currently a payroll transaction seems to only be there sometimes, and not when I need it to be! Ie not when I am in the bank trasaction that I want to  match it too.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, 

Lisa

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Lisa (Lisa1231

Welcome to the Community Forum. There are a few things that the Bank Feeds looks for when you search for a match. If the data is different for some bills and not others, that could account for why it comes up as a match seemingly inconsistently. 

Here are some things to check:

• The transaction has the same date and amount as the bank transaction
    • The bank account is the same one used on the bill or pay run 
    • The transaction is not marked off already or reconciled (you can check this by opening Reconcile Accounts and check if it comes up - If it's ticked or not there it will not show as a possible match)

Hope that helps explains how it all works. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.