Kerri_A
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrade to Essentials

Can't believe that I logged in today (Sunday) to process wages to find that I could not access my MYOB file in the usual manner.  After contacting technical support was told I now had to log in differently, which I did (and such a relief my file was still there!!)  BUT it's all very different and I received no advance warning of these changes.   Technical support did tell me that they were receiving many calls for help because the new platform is difficult to navigate (certainly agree with that as far as payroll is concerned!!). All of my casual staff and part-time staff that were transitioned to the new platform were put in as "full-time" workers and had annual leave and personal leave entitlements (how can that happen??).  Also, the new payslip format is TERRIBLE!!  Part-time and casual workers have an "annual salary" amount shown on their pay slip (is this calculated from the past fornight???)  Who knows?  But it shouldn't be there.  You also can't have the base hours set at zero (which should be the case, because every one of my emplyee's hours are different each fortnight, so I don't want to pre-set "76 hours" for example.  It should just be zero, and then I can adjust as required).  After processing the wages I couldn't work out how to get to the next step to email payslips (which I didn't want to do anyway until I can get rid of the "annual salary" line). Lots of issues that I need to contact tehnical support about tomorrow when they're open but can't understand why they would just "dump" this on us all with no warning or proper training videos.  VERY DISAPPOINTING AND HATING THIS UPGRADE!!!!!  Why totally change something that was working well .... you could have just added a few more features to the existing module.

2 REPLIES 2
Kerri_A
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Printing payslips in the new essentials.

I'd love to know the answer to this too!!  The previous version was sooooo much more user friendly and easy to use.  So easy to print a 1 page report for a past pay run, and very simple to print pay slips.  I'm really struggling and really don't like this new version/platform, and all of my casual and part-time staff were incorrectly transitioned to the new systm as full-time employees with annual leave and personal leave entitlements.  How can that happen???

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

79Kudos

139Solutions

Re: Upgrade to Essentials

Hi @Kerri_A 

I am sorry to hear you are not loving the upgraded version of Essentials. 

Users usually receive an in product notification and an email ~ 1-2 weeks prior to the upgrade to inform you about the changes. I am sorry you haven't seen this.

As for payroll, the original version didn’t have an Employment basis field, so the option in the upgraded version had to be approximated based on the number of hours the employee worked. As this was automatically assigned, we do recommend manually reviewing the employment basis for each employee after the upgrade. 

MYOB Essentials will show the annual salary listed from the Wages section of the employee record on the payslips. This particular record is currently not able to be removed from the payslips at this time. If you do want this changed in a future update, I suggest voting for this idea on our Ideas Board: MYOB Essentials: Payslips

I would recommend going throught this help article to learn more about doing a payrun in the upgraded version: Learn about payroll changes after upgrading.

As mentioned, I am sorry you haven't liked the upgrade. We do believe it is a true upgrade, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions, so you will be able to use all the functionalities of the upgrade!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post