Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Employees: Ability to set a default extra (PAYG) tax amount

2Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

I have an employee that wants to have an extra $10 of tax withheld from his pay each week. The ATO form has an option for tax to be withheld at a particular percentage, or for tax to be increased by a fixed amount.  The Support chat line clarified that LiveAccounts currently only supports the percentage option. We will need to vary the tax withheld each week manually.,

I would like to see an enhancement to allow for the increased withholding by a fixed amount. This would seem fairly straightforward and would make weekly payroll simpler for us.

Thanks

Scott

"Withholding Variation - Fixed Amount"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Default extra PAYG tax amounts can be added for an employee within MYOB Business from within the Payroll details>>Taxes section of the employee's record.

For more information on setting up that extra tax amount check out Help Article: Adding an employee.

9 Comments
ShieldBooks
Partner
26 Posts
Partner

Please add the function in the TAX Tab in payroll to enter an amount for an employee to have EXTRA tax taken out each week.

Accountants request business owners to do this regualarly  &

Employees ask my clients to do it very regularly so just like EDGE, Account Right and previous versions

ADD the feature.

SharonHolmes
1 Post
Cover User

when updating software next, is it possible to add in a deduction/box in tax where an employee can pay an extra $ each pay in tax and be processed with the tax each month/yearly etc.

Steve1010
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

I think it is sad that this was possible in earlier versions. Software should never go 'backwards' in it's features. Especially when they are a very common business practices such as taking extra PAYG tax .

Joc
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I would like to see an Extra Tax field option available in MYOB Essentials (just like AccountRight version) instead of having to manually increase the PAYG Tax each pay.

Tonia_LB
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

I agree it should have been added to the new Pay Items option where additional deductions and earnings can be made.

emertond
1 Post
Cover User

abilty to withhold extra PAYG tax for an employee in myob essentials in the tax set up

KC3
1 Post
User

It would be helpfull in Essentials Payroll to be able to preset extra PAYG withholding for an employee if they request an additional amount to be withheld each pay. 

MandMSS
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

If an employee requests extra tax payments I would like to enter this as an automatic deduction

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Default extra PAYG tax amounts can be added for an employee within MYOB Business from within the Payroll details>>Taxes section of the employee's record.

For more information on setting up that extra tax amount check out Help Article: Adding an employee.