Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import and export data: Account list

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

I have an MYOB Essentials account.  We have just transitioned to a new company entity, which is performing and trading in exactly the same manner as the previous one, therefore it requires exactl the same Accounts to be set up so I can code the bank transactions accordingly.  I have just discovered that I now need to manually set up all the Accounts I would like to use for the new company.  This means I need to print off the old company Accounts, and go through manually to add those that are missing from the new company profile. 

I would like to see MYOB add  the functionality to be able to duplicate an existing company profile into a new one, for instances where the trading is similar or identical.  This would save me a lot of time and fiddly effort.

"Transferring Accounts to New Business Profile"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

Users would be able to export and import accounts within MYOB Essentials through the Import and export data process. 

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Users would be able to export and import accounts within MYOB Essentials through the Import and export data process. 

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.