Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Balance Sheet - This year/Last year comparison

Experienced Cover User

25Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB Essentails does not have a comparative Balance sheet available. This is a huger oversight!

I understand that this issue has been raised before but seeing as the thread I found was from 2015 I thought it needed to be re addressed. What is happening with this? I cannot fathom how this is not treated as a major issue that needs to be fixed. Can I please get a update on a timeframe for when this will be available?

Thanks.

"this year/last year comparison Balance Sheet"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to compare this year's Balance Sheet results with last year's Balance Sheet using the Compare to option.

7 Comments
GlennSparrow
38 Posts
Former Staff

The ability to compare a Balance sheet in Essentials with a previous year or period would be greatly advantageous.

bizmanager
2 Posts
Cover User

Even with Account Right, I cannot get a comparative Balance sheet for 2019 to 2018, as I have not closed off 2018 yet.  So the report that displays is 2018 to 2017.   If there is something in advanced settings that I have not seen, I would appreciate someone sharing that with me, but I haven't found it. 

I agree this needs to be fixed. 

Prasanna
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

Is is possible to have last eyar comparative when printing balance sheet from MYOB Essentials Accounting.

If not, is it possible to introduce such function in the reporting template as a matter or priority (simillar to the one introduced for Profit & Loss report).

Regards

Prasanna

Prasanna
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

Is it possible to introduce a function in balance sheet to allow us to comapre balance sheet to last year in the reporting template as a matter or priority (simillar to the one introduced for Profit & Loss reports). I know the last year comparative issue has been raised quite a lot since 2015, but never been actioned. 

Regards

Prasanna

Adam123
3 Posts
Cover User

Balance Sheet - comparative - I notice that this issue has been raised on previous occasion. a balance sheet without a comparative is not a useful documents.

Chizza
4 Posts
Cover User

This would be very useful for preparing financial statements and understanding changes in financial position.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to compare this year's Balance Sheet results with last year's Balance Sheet using the Compare to option.