Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Sales by item - Search by partial item number/name

Experienced Cover User

62Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

62 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When I create an invoice I can add items to the invoice by typing any part of the name of the item or code and I get a pick list so that I can learn what to type very quickly to get exactly the item I want. This is a great feature of MYOB Essentials.

However when I go to create a report like "Sales by item" and I want to see all the sales for just one item, the dropdown selector does not act like the item selector on the invoice. I get a rigid pick list rather than a smart "type to search" action. As a user I don't know the difference between the technologies used; all I know is that I am looking for an item and I have to do it one way on the invoice and another way on the report request form.

The real problem here is that we use the invoices a lot more frequently than the reports, so we don't learn or remember the full names of the items for finding them on a very long list of items in a dropdown picklist.

And yet the form to generate a report by customer the customer field is a smart "type to search" action - can you make the item field in the sales by item report form also a smart "type to search" field?

thanks,

sue

"inconsistent searching items"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

The Items Sales report within MYOB Essentials allows the user to filter item selection by the full item number or name, or a partial value of that item number or number.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Items Sales report within MYOB Essentials allows the user to filter item selection by the full item number or name, or a partial value of that item number or number.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.