Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Discount column

User

2Posts

51Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

I agree with the other users who have asked for a discount column (in both invoices and expenses). It was the one feature that almost convinced me not to switch from AccountEdge to LiveAccounts.

Also, the fact that price fields are limited to 2 decimal points now means that when the total GST inclusive price shows up, it is often incorrect. For example, if an item sells for $3.50 including GST, it is set up in the item list as having a price of $3.18 excluding GST, but then when entering an invoice, say somebody bought 10 of this item, the total price including GST comes out at $34.98, not $35. A fix would be either to increase the number of decimal places or to allow a GST inclusive option in the item details. This is wasting a lot of time for me.

"Discount column... PLEASE!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Within MYOB Essentials, when creating an item invoice the user would have the ability to enter a discount percentage. 

21 Comments
samclarknz
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi there,

A column to allow for discounts per line would be great! I.e. you may only want to give a 10% discount on one particular item for a client but for another client you may want to give 15% on that item (or none at all).

Thanks,

Sam

kmh
15 Posts
User

Currently we are unable to enter a $ or % discount for a customer when creating an invoice. We want to be able to show the customer discount on the invoice payable.

We have tried to put a negative -$ dollar amount & it doesnt like it.

Can you please add a discount section to the invoicing or provide me with an alternative method!!

Thanks

Ellen_Harle
14 Posts
User

I, too, would appreciate a discount available on the invoices. 

Ellen Harle

Brett_D
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi, I would like to see Myob Live Accounts have these facilities:

1: Id like to be able to see when and where I sent an invoice to. eg You sent this invoice to blah@blah.com on 15th July 2012 and then have the same for any reminders sent

2: Id like to be able to add a discount to the invoices..Its quite ridiculous, AND ALMOST A DEAL BREAKER!, we cannot show a discount on an invoice now. Support staff tell me you can add discounts to invoices but ONLY after the invoice is paid! How ridiculous!. I want to show someone that I did 50 hours at a certain rate but I have discounted a certain amount. Thanks BD

kmh
15 Posts
User

I too would like to be able to put multiple decimal points in item prices!!

PLEASE

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Brett. We are doing the design work for discounts now, so it is definitely coming. Down the track we are also planning to address point 1, and provide an email history. Regards, Steve
Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User
Great suggestion and will be implemented when we add new features to invoices over the coming few months. Richard Puffe
Erin80
1 Post
User

I think it would be great to be able to apply discount to invoices rather than just on the payment entered. That way customers can see the discount amount applied and they can see the total due easily

jourdant
2 Posts
User

It would be awesome if we could add a discount to a quote the same as you can on an invoice.