Forum Discussion

ease
User
12 months ago

GST Filing

We file our GST monthly but the April month one is not showing in the Dropbox after this changed system and it is now coming two monthly. I even had to change my settings to file it monthly again

can anyone help?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi ease 

I hope you sorted this - you need to roll the financial year into the next year to get access to more months for GST.

ease
      User

Thank you so much. How do you roll the financial year so I can include more months to file my GST return

jenniek
        Ultimate Partner

Hi ease 

In the desk based version - yiu need to choose File - Close a financial year.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ease,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Thank you for flagging this to us. In this regard, you will need to check what is the current year under Set up>>company information as this problem is only caused if the financial year is not rolled over. 

To Roll over your financial year, Under File Menu>>Close a Year>>Close Financial Year. Read each screen carefully and follow the prompts. If something is displayed incorrectly by MYOB, attach a screenshot of the relevant close FY screen as well as the Setup>>Company information screen showing the current FY. 

You can check this Help Article: 

Prepare your GST return (New Zealand only)

Close the Financial year

If you need more support on this or in the future, please feel free to post again. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards,

Cel