Forum Discussion

LBInteriors
Contributing Cover User
5 months ago

GST reports not tallying

I have run a gst detailed report and the expenses do not match the numbers that are populated in the GST and provisional tax filing option under the accounting tab.  The latter does not show a breakdown of the expenses so I can't see why the amount does not tally. Can anyone help?

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LBInteriors

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your data not matching the report. In my understanding, you are trying to compare the values from the GST Detailed report to the Business Activity statement. If this is the case, you will need to make sure that the activity fields are set correctly. 

I recommend reading this article, Get Ready to Lodge Activity Statements. This will provide information about setting up your BAS fields. 

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to clarify your concern and add relevant information and screenshots. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve 

LBInteriors
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Genreve_S 

Thanks for the link you sent but this relates to an Australian business, I am in New Zealand.

Just to clarify, the two GST report options in the Reporting menu report the same figures.  Where the figure changes is in 'GST and provisional tax' under the Accounting menu. This is where you can lodge direct with the IRD but the numbers are not broken down to figure out where the discrepancy is. There, technically, should be no difference from the reports.

It's only out by $6 but still...

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LBInteriors

Thanks for the response. 

I'm sorry for sending the wrong link. I will send you a private message to check on this further. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
        Genreve