Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Change

We have been forced to use the new payroll which I hate.

It has not down loaded the pay history for our employees.  Just some from our ACE our old payroll program.

It doesn't download  a bankfile so I have had to set up templates for our three companies so that I can pay employees manually.

Two employees have their pay split between to bank accounts and only one of the bank account numbers has been transfer to the new system.  

Can't get a PAYE return like I used to get from the old program.

I won't to go back to the old system.   We only have the payroll with MYOB so don't need all the other **bleep**.  

I am not impressed wasn't asked if we wanted to have any changes sersiouly thinking of moving to another payroll system.

12 REPLIES 12
Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Change

Theres nothing good in the update that I can see, just more time and  data entry, and the amount of time I spent trying to sort the bankfile tab was absolutely ridiculous, in fact I had to go for a walk because the poor computer was in danger of being hurtled out the window!!

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Wendye26

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your feedback regarding the new update. Unfortunately, there is no way to return to the old system as it is being phased out. In my understanding, you can create a bank file using the MYOB Business software, but you will need to pass the payroll transactions to the electronic clearing account to do this. I understand the update is a lot of change for a very short amount of time, but I'm positive that the application will improve moving forward. 

I suggest reading this article, Making Electronic Payments. This is a step-by-step guide to record an electronic payment and create a bank file for MYOB Business. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
Genreve

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

Why hasn't the historical payroll moved over.  I have no history of the pay runs for each employee for the past three years.  So unlike the old system I could send an employee a copy of previous payslips they have often needed.

Only passed history information is for 2020 before we were transfered from ACE. This is no good for us.

Really not happy with this.

What you going to do about this the historical we need this information.

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

Creating a bankfile is no use to me I am not going do the same process each week with all three companies.

Old system  did it automatically plus we have employees who have split payments if it's not doing split pays that's no use to me. 

I have extra work to do, creating the payments manually for all three companies.  I have had to create templates with our bank so that I can pay our employees.  This is all extra work each week my time is precious as I only work 22 hours a week and my schedule is tight. Since the upgrade I have to do overtime on Thursddays to complete the wages, which I don't want to do each week.

MYOB have not given it a thought to the extra work you have given your customers because of your forced unwated upgrade that's not working properly.

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve,

Its not about the change over the short amount of time its about the Payroll 'workability' - this is not an upgrade when there are so many issues that people are asking MYOB about.

1 - You have to go in and manually load new staff into IRD, previously this was done with the IR Filing.

2 - You can't split pays.

3 - No 1 page summary printout (showing previous week / current pay and wage total) so you now can't double check the wage payment amount when filing with the bank without printing 4+ pages of employee earnings (not needed or required by IRD as all that information goes with the IR filing. 

4 - No payslip preview screen - a handy double check to see that you have entered the correct hours for staff - especially over public holidays with staff working different days.

5 - The data entry screen that you have to drill into for each staff member - it's awful, hard to read and enter the pay hours / information.

6 - Have to select via drop down boxes the holidays staff have off - this doesn't work when they have split days off, this is a waste of time and not needed.

7 - Have to select via drop down boxes the public holiday worked - again just another unnecessary step taking up time.

8 - Cannot select more than 1 public holiday, what happens at Christmas / New Years - do I have to go in twice?

9 - Automatically defaults to a day in lieu owing for a public holiday worked (this isn't always correct), yet you have to 'check' the time and a half box so that staff are paid time and a half - this is law for working a public holiday so shouldn't even need to be a box I have to remember to 'check'.

10 - Payment date continally defaults to the day after the working week which then makes it hard to find the payees and also then creates an error message saying the bank may reject the file due to an incorrect date....

11 - I DO NOT want to muck around with (or have the time for) clearing accounts, changing dates, making file names and then making sure I select the staff to be paid and then making sure that matches the wage amount (but there's no paperwork I can double check against as that function / report is now gone) - I just want the 'download bank file' button back. 

People are frustrated by this update because previously it was a simple program that was easy to use and gave us all the functions and reports we require, please listen to the people - again I am yet to see any positive comments about the update, I am only seeing and hearing issues!

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Wendye26 and @meena

Thank you for the responses. 

I understand there are a lot of differences in the new update compared to the old web app. I can assure you that all these concerns and feedback are raised to the development team. As mentioned in my previous post, I'm sure that the program will keep improving based on users' feedback. In the meantime, we will do all we can to help.

We appreciate your patience. Feel free to let us know how we can provide any help. 

Thanks,

Genreve

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

And in the meantime you are expecting us to pay our subscriptions for faulty goods.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @Wendye26,

I understand that the recent update might not have met your expectations. We're committed to providing our customers with the most convenient support possible. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here and ready to assist you!

Warm regards,

Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

Are any of the many points raised being considered for change?

I have just processed another pay run, was a bit quicker this time but it's still too slow, takes me twice as long as Essentials.

My biggest issue is what is the fascination at MYOB with all the drop down boxes - previously in the Essentials screen when selecting holidays to pay a wee pop-up box came up with Annual Leave / Alternate Days / Sick Leave showing, select whichever you would like to pay all the info was in one nice wee box - now if you want to pay staff out sick or holiday/s - use a drop down and go into each one to see if staff have any available.

Want to enter / change hours - use a drop down box.

Want to enter Annual Leave - use a drop down box to select the days they are away or you can't move past, and then if they have split days off, too bad.

Trying to pay a Public Holiday / Statutory Day - use a drop down box to select the day or you can't move past.

Also - and I am sure this cant be too hard, the Pay Roll Summary (used to be a one page report) now its multiple pages but why oh why can't it be alpabetical - there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to that report and staff are listed all over the show!

I have spent the afternoon comparing other payroll providers and also asking our accountant about who they would recommend and I see many posters doing the same - please give us some feedback as to whether you are taking our issues seriously and planning on making changes or just replying with the stock standard 'sorry the upgrade isn't meeting your expectations' answer that we are getting from MYOB.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post