Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Upgrade - takes longer and is not user friendly

Hi,

Is there a way to revert back to Essentials Payroll (have been upgraded to Business Payroll), as I am sure I am NOT the only one who finds the new system beyond frustrating. What used to take me 20 minutes has taken me almost 2 hours because every single step is more complicated! It's supposed to be an upgrade, to make things easier - not take longer and be more difficult to use!

- When you enter a new staff member these details no longer are automatically loaded into My IR, you have to login in to IRD and do this manually.

- No one page summary of the wage information - this was something I printed off every week as it matched the amounts for all staff and the totals for the bank / employee. I dont need to print a multi page detailed report, that is not required by the IRD as all information is sent to them with the IR Filing.

- No preview of the payslips - this was a handy double check.

- No splitting of bank accounts, the upgrade just chose one account for the staff members with split accounts....

- The payment date keeps defaulting itself to the day after the week ended instead of the intended pay date and it doesn't matter how many times you change it!

- The whole pay data entry screen is so much harder than it used to be, its hard to read and follow and enter the details in - our staff hours and days worked change every week! 

- I dont want to have to enter which day the public holiday was then it only allows you to choose one day (not great for staff working Christmas / New Years where multiple holidays fall), so it looks like I have to go in twice to do this?

- Why do I have to select the days my staff have off when on holiday? Not all staff work Monday - Friday, some of our staff have days off in the middle, how can I select that from the drop down boxes?

- The payslips look awful compared to the last ones, and I can't email myself a copy. I know you say its for security reasons however really frustrating when a staff member doesn't get one as I can easily go in and remail from my phone or computer rather than having to login to MYOB and deal with the 2 factor security!

- The bank file / prepare electronic payments tab is a debacle, it took me forever to sort that out, why is it so hard? Previously there was a wee download button click it and its done, and if it got lost somewhere along the way / or went wrong I could always go back into past pay runs and download it again, I could also re-print the summary.

I honestly don't feel this is an upgrade when its taking me so much longer to do the pays, please can I go back?

91 REPLIES 91
RAWBOOKKEEPING
4 Posts
User

4Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Upgrade - takes longer and is not user friendly

I totally agree, we have 2 sides to the business and now we have lost one side since the update.

Everything takes so long and no user friendly at all.

Bring back the old version or even better bring back ACE payroll

JMR2023
1 Post
User

1Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

I dont think its an upgrade, we seem to have gone back a step rather than moving forward :/

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

I agree totally - an upgrade would make it easier and faster... There's now more data entry and less features 😔

MariaT3
3 Posts
User

3Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

I totally agree with you, the new upgrade is causing so much extra work, and valuable working time, I would like the old versions back, it worked well, presented us exactly with what we needed and also reports were in alphabetical order not a random order.

BCONS18
1 Post
User

1Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Totally agree.  It has made payroll so much harder and messier, especially without the ability to print one timesheet for the entire staff and no payroll splits. It has become very clunky, and the manual handling for holidays, etc. leaves too much room for errors or omissions.  Staff are finding it difficult to enter timesheets, with the days continuously defaulting to the date they entered the timesheet. The reports no longer have the information we need, and I can only imagine the time being taken for those with a large payroll.

Frankly, MYOB should have stuck with the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  We have just done our first pay with the "upgrade," and already we are looking for a new payroll solution.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Re: Payroll Upgrade

Hi @meena,

Thank you for your post.

We completely understand your frustration with the recent transition to MYOB Business Payroll and the challenges you've encountered. We're sorry to hear that the new system hasn't been as user-friendly or efficient as you had hoped. Your feedback about the difficulties you're facing with the updated features is invaluable to us. While reverting to Essentials Payroll isn't an available option, we want to assure you that our team is continuously monitoring and reviewing user feedback. Please know that your feedback is being seriously considered to enhance the usability and functionality of Business Payroll.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, as we'll be forwarding this to our development team.

Feel free to share your feedback and suggestions. We're here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

My god there is a lot of complaints.  I hate this new system and I have been looking at another provider.

We only use the payroll so don't want all the other **bleep** that comes with the upgrade.

This change stinks.  Had no discussion to if wanted change.  I have a big list of complaints.

RAWBOOKKEEPING
4 Posts
User

4Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

yes there is alot of complaints, I also have a massive list of issues.

Our pay run is today and it was the most painful thing ever, so long winded and so many extra steps, definitely not a improvement, they have gone backwards big time.

I am ringing the 0508 number everyday with issues, I will just keep bugging them.

I have just looked into going back with ACE payroll, so much easier to use.

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

I didn't know ACE is still about we use ACE but it got changed to MYOB and again there was not choice we had to change.  This happened just as I started with this role.

New System is very difficult for me I have three companies payroll to do every thursday.

I googled payroll providers I like the look of Smartly how used to be called Smart pay I have used Smart in the past. Also seen Cystal pay and there is also Xero which I haved used in the past.  I will have a look at getting free trials. If ACE is still around I will look at going back to them.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post