Payroll Upgrade - takes longer and is not user friendly

RAWBOOKKEEPING
4 Posts
User

4Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Upgrade - takes longer and is not user friendly

Yes, you can still get ACE i have put the link to the download page for you, and just scroll down you will find it.

https://www.myob.com/nz/support/downloads?page=4

We were told the same thing that we had no option to stay with ACE we had to move when MYOB took it over.

Smartly is through Xero and is supposed to be good too, I use Xero for our accounting package but never used it for payroll.

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that will look into going back to ACE

WES1089
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I would totally agree

it is certainly not user friendly if theres a way to go back to essentials then let me know how!

it takes almost an hour now when before was 35 minutes at the most

hard to find anything and repoorts are all over the place

cant even print the hard copies of the wage slips without having to go into each individually

Maybe the Aussies like it but I definately dont...the person sitting behind a screen in MYOB trying to make their position valuable should think about the users before go changing everything

Cant even split pays anymore!

Brien
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I agree with you all totally - terrible "upgrade" - I didn't think you could still use Acepayroll? I requested this about 2 years ago when I was "upgraded" from Acepayroll as never been entirely happy with Essentials and now new Business package is a lot worse. Please let me know if going back to Ace is an option (although this is still part of MYOB so maybe better to look elsewhere)

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Upgrade

Hi Princess,

Thank you and appreciate your reply, unfortunately it doesn't change much if I can't go back to what I knew, what I want and what is easier and faster for data entry. There are so many issues that I listed, the most important being I dont want to have to use drop down boxes to enter the public holiday worked / not worked, nor do I wish to have to use drop down boxes for holidays used during the week as there is no way to select middle days / split days off? These issues and the payment processing tab are just entry errors waiting to happen!

I honestly feel like this is a major problem for MYOB as I am yet to see a post with people endorsing this upgrade, instead I am seeing people looking to source a new payroll provider. I seriously think MYOB need to listen to the people and offer Essentials back as this upgrade feels like it was designed by people who dont actually process pays or understand that we don't sit down all day doing wages, I know alot of people, small businesses and have seen alot of comments from people on here who process pays do it as a second job or do multiple pay processing and MYOB have added so much more time and frustration into our day!

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Among the many things that are wrong with this upgrade, not being able to split pays is just going backwards, also very frustrating that I didn't see that was happening as you can't preview the payslips anymore and the upgrade just chose a bank account without any sort of 'error' or 'check' message and in our case the money went into their incorrect account... (bloody frustrating for the staff involved!)

And I totally agree with you - the person or team sitting behind the screen designing the updates clearly dont process pays!

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding the changes you've encountered. We understand the frustration that this update has caused you. Your feedback is incredible and valuable, and we want to assure you that we take it seriously. We'll ensure to bring this matter to the attention of the relevant team.

Your insights help us understand how our changes impact your experience, and we're committed to continuously improving based on your valuable input. If there's anything specific, you'd like to add or if you have further feedback to share, please feel free to reach out. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback. We truly appreciate your understanding and patience as we work towards enhancing our system for a better user experience.

Cheers,

Princess

Wendye26
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

It's obvious you had not had any dummy runs of the upgraded otherwise you would not have all these problems and complaints.

Don't you speak to users to ask there opions before you do these things we are the users after all not some idiot sitting at a desk who obviously does not do payroll.

I was not asked if I wanted to upgrade and I should have been given the option.

Back home in the UK I worked for a software company that wrote and supplied accounting and payroll software to their customers.  They wrote a base system and bespoke software when there was an upgrade they used me to do the trial runs (which could take up to six months ) to iron on potentional problems before they sent this out to there customers.

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

19Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess,

These are the issues I have with the Payroll 'workability' - this is not an upgrade when there are so many issues that people are asking MYOB about.

1 - You have to go in and manually load new staff into IRD, previously this was done with the IR Filing.

2 - You can't split pays.

3 - No 1 page summary printout (showing previous week / current pay and wage total) so you now can't double check the wage payment amount when filing with the bank without printing 4+ pages of employee earnings (not needed or required by IRD as all that information goes with the IR filing. 

4 - No payslip preview screen - a handy double check to see that you have entered the correct hours for staff - especially over public holidays with staff working different days.

5 - The data entry screen that you have to drill into for each staff member - it's awful, hard to read and enter the pay hours / information.

6 - Have to select via drop down boxes the holidays staff have off - this doesn't work when they have split days off, this is a waste of time and not needed.

7 - Have to select via drop down boxes the public holiday worked - again just another unnecessary step taking up time.

8 - Cannot select more than 1 public holiday, what happens at Christmas / New Years - do I have to go in twice?

9 - Automatically defaults to a day in lieu owing for a public holiday worked (this isn't always correct), yet you have to 'check' the time and a half box so that staff are paid time and a half - this is law for working a public holiday so shouldn't even need to be a box I have to remember to 'check'.

10 - Payment date continally defaults to the day after the working week which then makes it hard to find the payees and also then creates an error message saying the bank may reject the file due to an incorrect date....

11 - I DO NOT want to muck around with (or have the time for) clearing accounts, changing dates, making file names and then making sure I select the staff to be paid and then making sure that matches the wage amount (but there's no paperwork I can double check against as that function / report is now gone) - I just want the 'download bank file' button back. 

People are frustrated by this update because previously it was a simple program that was easy to use and gave us all the functions and reports we require, please listen to the people - again I am yet to see any positive comments about the update, I am only seeing and hearing issues!

SueT891
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrade - is a step backwards i agree.  Nothing positive for us, we are looking at other options as this is not workable.  If we cant go back to ACE maybe MYOB NZ Payroll willl be a better option, and as there is no intergration with journals to Account Right may even start looking outside myob.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post