Payroll error message: "Please check your values"

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CatherineDR
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll error message: "Please check your values"

Is anyone else getting the error message "Please check your values" when entering payroll data? When entering data, the table on the right side of the page updates the Gross pay but the PAYE, Kiwisaver and Take Home Pay are not updating when extra hours are added. The Help page refers to the 'Too much Variation....." but this option is not showing. 

9 REPLIES 9
grundy619
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Please check your values

Only values that seem incorrect are PAYE calculated by MYOB Essentials. How do I fix this?

grundy619
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll error message: "Please check your values"

I'm getting the same problem, adding in a bonus figure for 2 of 6 employees and the PAYE is not calculating correctly, nor KS values.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

Hi @CatherineDR @grundy619 

yes - this is a thing. There is an issue with the Bonus code. MYOB gave us an alternative to process bonus as a seprarate pay - however this would mean then going back and adjusting the extra leave that running a separate pay creates. We created a new allowance code - called Bonus2, and used this code. However you need to override the tax to correct the tax to include secondary tax on the bonus amount.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
CatherineDR
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It's not the bonus code that we are using - I think it's a separate error. We use extra hours every payroll, so this is a new error.

CatherineDR
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It's been fixed - working okay now.

grundy619
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Fix for MYOB error "to check values" re bonus payments

Help desk assisted with running manual pays for the bonus payments that MYOB Essentials would not calculate into net Pay when running my usual weekly pay.

The fix was to delete the pay item "Bonus" and then re-create a Bonus pay item. First run the error to check values was back, so we had to remove the new bonus pay item from being included in KS calcs. The manual pays went through this time, no KS.

However not paying KS on the Bonus is not correct, I expect MYOB to be responsible for any penalties due to this illegality.

If I now edit the Bonus pay item to include KS will the error return next pay? Or do we never pay KS on bonuses again?

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Fix for MYOB error "to check values" re bonus payments

Hi all

Thank you to @jenniek for providing a response with a possible resolution, and @CatherineDR - Great to hear it is resolved for yourself.

@grundy619 - were you still needing assistance on this or would Jennie's suggestion also work in your situation?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

grundy619
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The helpdesk was able to assist paying the bonus payments manually the next day, by deleting the Bonus pay type and re-creating it, however this had the same error if KS was included. Helpdesk instructed create the bonus payments without KS and the manual pays did then go through.

IRD has since sent me a letter advising we have short-paid KS. I do not know how to correct this through the pay.

I am really astounded how the code can be corrupted in such a basic way, to exclude a common existing pay type from the gross to net calculation.

I note that my Payday filing for the immediate following period to 27/09/2022 is still only status of Submitted so do wonder if IRD are awaiting a fix of somekind for KS not being included on the pays to 20/09/2022?

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @grundy619 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You can correct the mistake by either restoring a backup and re-processing with the correct figures or reversing the payrun for the affected employee and redoing the pay.

Is the Payday filing still showing as submitted or has it since changed?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post