4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Essentials Transactions Not Allocating or Saving

Hi,

I am trying to allocate my transations but my debit (spend) account allocations are not saving. If I try to allocate, the system takes me down to the next line and above line circles indefinitely. Matching a transaction of spend money for each line is not really an option due to the time it takes to do so. Please advise what could be going wrong and how I can fix this very annoying problem. My system was working fine a couple of days ago.

Thanks Smiley Sad

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
7,988 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,988Posts

697Kudos

1,132Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Essentials Transactions Not Allocating or Saving

Hi @rochene 

This issue can be related to the corrupt reference number sequence. Allocating a BankFeed would normally create a Receive Money or Spend Money transaction in the system. This process can fail if the program thinks that the next sequential reference number has already been used for another transaction.

To resolve this, please follow the steps given below:

1. Manually create a dummy receive money or spend money transaction, for any date and amount against the account you want the allocation.

For example,
    Withdrawal ($) = Spend Money
    Deposit ($) = Receive Money
  2. Change the reference number of the transaction to be the next higher in the sequence. eg, if the Receive Money transaction number says RM000001, change this to RM000002.

This should have now reset the corrupt reference number sequence.

1. Now, click on the “Allocate me” drop down menu on the Bankfeeds screen and select the relevant account. The transaction would be allocated as normal.
  2. Delete the dummy Spend Money/ Receive Money transaction.
  3. Continue to allocate the rest of your bank transactions as normal.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you require further assistance with this.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

rochene
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions