Carrick1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice received by customer had wrong information

Hi,

Today I received a concerned email from a customer in regards to an invoice they received from me.

They took a screenshot of it and I have attached it for your records. It was on our template, but was to a customer in Wellington New Zealand from 2013, was for significantly more that the $165.00 they owed us and was paid in full. I have also attached a copy of their actual invoice that I have since emailed them from outside of MYOB.

I am very concerned about this happening, and it has made me doubt the security and accuracy of MYOB. 

Please can someone explain to me how this has happened, and what reassurances are there that this won't happen again?

Kind regards

Shelley Jessup

Carrick Speedway

69 REPLIES 69
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Invoice received by customer had wrong information

HI @Carrick1 

Sorry to hear that no one has offered assistance with your query

If you are finding something unusual on your invoices such as incorrect amounts or contact information for the customer, it is recommended that you do review the invoice and company information in your MYOB Business to ensure that the details are correct.

Should that information be correct, we would love for you to get in touch with our phone-based teams to discuss the situation in more detail as soon as possible. Do ensure that you have the following information handy prior to calling:

• The serial number of the MYOB Business (bottom of the Business Name Menu - top right).
  • A copy of the invoice that was sent
  • A screenshot of the transaction from within your MYOB Business
  • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

With this information, our frontline teams would be able to closely investigate the email records with our backend teams to see what has occurred.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

CatherineCE
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice received by customer had wrong information - similar thing happened to my client

Hi,

One of my bookkeeping clients has just had a very similar experience to the above example.

She invoiced a customer and sent them the invoice from within MYOB. When they paid a completely different amount from what she'd invoiced, she rang them to find out why. They said they'd paid the amount on the invoice and sent her a copy of it.

What they had received, "Powered by MYOB", was on her invoice template but billed to a completely unknown business, not a customer of my client. The company ABN and address were for some business in South Australia, not the ABN and business address of my client. Although the document name had the right invoice number, it showed a completely different number on the invoice, it was dated 18-Oct-2021 instead of 3-Jun-2022, and the amount owing was wrong.

Basically, somewhere along the way, when she emailed out her invoice, the data from another MYOB customer in Adelaide got entered onto her invoice template and sent to her customer in Victoria.

I logged in to her account from my office, checked the invoice in question, sent it to myself and it arrived with no mistakes.

However, this is VERY concerning because it means my client can't trust MYOB's inbuilt email system when she wants to invoice her customers. If she has to save each invoice onto her computer and then email them separately to her customers it will involve a whole lot more work and it's not what she's paying for with her expensive MYOB subscription.

Obviously it's some kind of glitch in MYOB somewhere because it's happened with other MYOB users, as the above post shows. 

What do you suggest we do to sort this problem out?

I'm not that keen to call MYOB because I don't have three hours to spend listening to your execrable on-hold music before talking to a person in a South African call centre that has zero knowledge of MYOB. I'd prefer it if someone could contact me or my client directly.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Catherine

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Invoice received by customer had wrong information - similar thing happened to my client

Hi @CatherineCE 

I am sorry to hear your client had a customer who received a wrong invoice. We recommend that you contact us directly as soon as you are aware of any unusual invoices. The best way is via our phone support so we can investigate this in more detail.

However in this case, please send me a Private Message with the following information so I can follow this up for you:

• The serial number of the MYOB Business (bottom of the Business Name Menu - top right).
  • A copy of the invoice that was sent
  • A screenshot of the invoice that was received
  • A screenshot of the transaction from within your MYOB Business
  • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JSawyer
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Same here.  I am also very concerned indeed.  My client is freaking out.

CatherineCE
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Good luck getting a response from MYOB regarding this fault in their program. I sent all the requested information to Yanike but never got a reply.

Cheers,

Catherine

JSawyer
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

We have resolved our issue.  This was not MYOB's fault and we are confident in the integrity of the emails sent via MYOB.  This is what happened.  The client manually adds a terms & conditions PDF when sending an invoice to their customers.  They have chosen the option to attach a PDF copy of the invoice in their emailing preferences.  Their customers therefore receive an email with two attachments.  The first one is the Terms & Conditions document and the second is the invoice itself.  The client had accidentally overwritten the content of their terms & conditions document with an invoice.  Anyone opening the Terms & Conditions PDF would see this invoice instead of the Terms & Conditions.  Customers viewing their invoice in the Apple Mail app on their phone would see that random invoice first, because attachments are embedded in the body of emails in the Mail app and the "Terms and Conditions" attachment is the first attachment.  Had the customers continued to scroll on their phone, their actual invoice would appear as the second page.  We reinstated the correct T&C document and are all good.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @CatherineCE 

We have been sending a few private messages back in June and I had to escalate the case to a different team, I gave you the case number that was created so you could follow your case. I can see this hasn't been resolved yet, so if you haven't yet resolved this yourself, let me know and I am happy to follow this up for you.

@JSawyer I am glad you resolved this with your client, thanks for sharing this on the Community Forum!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

CatherineCE
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike,

Yes, I remember the private messages back in June. Your final message to me, on Wednesday 22-Jun, said you'd forwarded the information to the correct team and were going to be away till Monday but I could post to the public forum in the meantime if I had any questions.

I didn't have any questions. I'd already asked them and was waiting for MYOB to reply. I didn't realise that you escalating my complaint to a different team meant you washed your hands of the entire problem. That's a terrible way to provice customer service.

The case number was 01047233. It'd be nice to know what your or your colleagues worked out. I have no faith that you've resolved the issue or that it won't happen again.

Regards,

Catherine

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @CatherineCE 

I have sent you a private message with an update regarding your case. 

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post