Forum Discussion

normbay1
Contributing User
12 days ago

Reconciliation undone by the recent software changes

I need to submit the March Quarter BAS, and have allocated all transactions.

Now I find that the reconciled December 31st balance of my main bank account has been unreconciled, and transactions require matching again.

What is going on?

Are there other underlying problems?

As usual ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FOR CLIENTS  after going to /contact us as advised by after hours telephone message.

Now I am travelling for 2 days and cannot get back to this before the weekend.

is the recent interface change stable?

can we revert to a previous interface?

Essentials - or whatever you call it now - on the web.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi normbay1,

Thanks for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered difficulties in getting the help you needed.

When your previously reconciled bank balance suddenly becomes unreconciled, it can indicate several things. One common reason for this is editing reconciled transactions, which can cause them to lose their reconciled status. To resolve this issue, you can undo the changes made to the affected transactions and then redo the reconciliations to ensure accuracy.

I suggest taking a look at this informative article detailing the recent updates in MYOB Business, specifically focusing on the new vertical menu and simplified language. It provides comprehensive insights into the changes made new vertical menu and simplified language in MYOB Business, 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

normbay1
      Contributing User

I did not edit any of those transactions. Only added the new ones since. Myob never admits a malfunction of the software. It shales confidence. We’ll see if my accountant finds other problems at year end. 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi normbay1,

I appreciate your prompt response. I get that this is frustrating for you, and I'm here to assist. It looks like you've only added new transactions without altering the existing ones, which might cause the reconciliation to be unreconciled. To resolve this issue, you can undo the changes made to the affected transactions and then redo the reconciliations using a future date to ensure accuracy.

In the meantime, feel free to post again if you have any other queries or if your accountant discovers more issues at the end of the year.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella