Forum Discussion

Neil1954
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Closing off 2 financial years

I am trying to close off the 2020 financial year and the 2021 financial year. When i close off 2020 and back up the zip file everything looks fine. But when i go back in to close off 2021 it comes up with a.message saying i will be closing off 2020 again.  It has done this 2-3 times now

• Hi Neil1954 

Thanks for your post. This is how you usually do this: Close the financial year. To close multiple financial years, you can repeat the described process to close multiple years (doing it one year at a time).

If this is what you are doing, could you please clear the AccountRight Cache. If the issue persists after this, can you check what financial year your file is currently in? Setup>>Company Information>>Current Financial Year and send me a screenshot of the incorrect message?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Neil1954 

Thanks for your post. This is how you usually do this: Close the financial year. To close multiple financial years, you can repeat the described process to close multiple years (doing it one year at a time).

If this is what you are doing, could you please clear the AccountRight Cache. If the issue persists after this, can you check what financial year your file is currently in? Setup>>Company Information>>Current Financial Year and send me a screenshot of the incorrect message?

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Neil1954 

You are not the only one reporting this - and moderators are repeating the same response - hope it works for you but hasn't for others. See this post where user posted a solution that worked for her. Basically do a backup (you should always do this before FY rollover), Close the FY. Do another Backup - this backup seems to force the file to update correctly. Repeat.

Regards

Gavin

Neil1954
        Cover User

Thanks Gavin,  It was my amateurish mistake.  I backed up the year's data but didnt then close off the financial year (2 separate actions required).  So it didn't automatically roll over