Forum Discussion

Copycat
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

How to permanently change backup location

When I back up my AccountRight file, the default location keep reverting to an old location/folder on my computer.  If I manually override this, it once more reverts to the old location/folder at the time of the next backup.  Where can I change the default location once and for all?  Thanks.

Using AccountRight Plus AU 2023.10.0; build 2023.10.1.12

• Hi Copycat,

Thank you for your post.

To permanently change the backup location of the MYOB AccountRight file, you might need to adjust the settings within the Windows system. Here are some general steps you can follow:

• Go to Storage Settings.
    • Navigate to the page where new content is saved.
    • Change location.

You may also refer to this link, which has detailed information on changing locations. Once you've selected the new location, save the changes. Double-check to ensure that the backup location has been successfully changed. To confirm that the new backup location is functioning correctly, perform a test backup of your AccountRight files.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your query, please click "Accept as a Solution", to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Copycat,

Thank you for your post.

To permanently change the backup location of the MYOB AccountRight file, you might need to adjust the settings within the Windows system. Here are some general steps you can follow:

• Go to Storage Settings.
    • Navigate to the page where new content is saved.
    • Change location.

You may also refer to this link, which has detailed information on changing locations. Once you've selected the new location, save the changes. Double-check to ensure that the backup location has been successfully changed. To confirm that the new backup location is functioning correctly, perform a test backup of your AccountRight files.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your query, please click "Accept as a Solution", to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess