Forum Discussion

VCaban
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Last month of financial year is incorrect

HI All

My clients MYOB file has been incorrectly setup with the last month of the financial year being July instead of June.

The business started trading in July 2018.  The conversion month has been correctly setup as July 2018, but the current financial year is showing as 2018 with the last month in the financial year being July.

As the business only started trading in July 2018, there are no opening balances to be entered.

I am now trying to roll the datafile forward and change the Last Month in Financial Year to be June but the drop down list at Step 2 of the Close a Financial Year process only has July as an option..... 

MYOB wrong EOFY month.JPG

Data has been entered for the 2019, 2020,2021 & 2022 financial years.

Is there any way I can correct the financial year start and end dates without having to create a new datafile?

Regards

VC

• I didn't get a reply but I rolled into the next year (staying with July year end) then in the second year when I rolloed forward could change back to June year end (not ideal).

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      KHibb
      User

I didn't get a reply but I rolled into the next year (staying with July year end) then in the second year when I rolloed forward could change back to June year end (not ideal).

VCaban
        Experienced User

Thanks very much for your reply!

I was wondering if that would be the case... thanks for being the guinea pig :)