Forum Discussion

SGW
Trusted Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Why am I being prompted to enter my user ID and password after I have already entered my email address, password, and 2FA code? I've wasted the whole morning trying to get support, chat is useless, email contact send button does nothing (but the cancel one works), and 45 minutes on hold on the phone before I hung up.

I've had the file online for a few years now and never needed this password, and apparently it's different to my log in?

A month ago it changed to not needing a password at all, a now I need 3FA?

Someone help me please....TIA

• Hi SGW,

Thank you for your response.

To answer your question, yes, closing the software will not sign you out, and you'll need to sign out. Closing the program using the EXIT button will not sign you out. If you wish to sign in with your email address and password every time you'll be opening your files, you may need to sign out once you'll be closing the program through Services >>Sign-out from AccountRight Live.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be more than happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

10 Replies

• Hi SGW,

Thank you for your post.

We would like to apologize for your negative experience with our support channels. We understand how frustrating it must have been, and we would definitely feel the same way if we were in your situation. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. We take feedback seriously and will use it to improve our service and provide our customers with the support they require. We would like to help you resolve this.

Regarding your concern with your access to your account, there are two points when you log in to an online AccountRight company file.

• The AccountRight Live login: this is your my.MYOB account details (your email address and your password). If you're signed in, you'll not be prompted for this log-in (email address and password), and you're automatically signed in to the company file once you select it.
    • The company file login: this is your user ID and password. If you've linked your user ID to your my.MYOB account through Setup >> User Access, this will skip the User ID and password screen. Please see the attached images below for your reference. If this is unticked, then the company file will ask you to link the user ID and password.

Can you please confirm if which window were you asked to enter your User ID and password. will it be when you are opening your files via web browser?

Cheers,

Princess

SGW
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for the response Princess.

I was able to get another administrator to reset my USER ID password.

But now I am back to not requiring any authorisation at all to open the company file, which is not ideal.

I use the desktop app, have done for 20+ years, and always open the file through it.

How do I set it back to the way it was? email address and password only.

Steve

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SGW,

Thank you for your response.

In this matter, if you want to sign in to your account with your email address and password only, please tick "This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account" this can be found in the Setup menu>> User Access. This will skip the window where it will be asking you to enter your user ID and password.

Then, if you want to sign in every time you'll be opening the company file, kindly sign out of your account through Services >> Sign Out from AccountRight Live.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be delighted to help you.

Cheers,

Princess

SGW
        Trusted Cover User

Thank you Princess.

Just so I am clear, closing the program no longer signs me out? I'll need to sign out first?

Maverick_AKL
      User

My screen shows this after i clicked "Link user ID and open files"

I've tried different browsers and computers. It's all the same

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Maverick_AKL. Thank you for your post. 

I appreciate the attachment, as it helps me understand your concern better. When you're prompted with "Link User ID and open files," does it ask for your User ID and Password? If so, please try entering "Administrator" as your User ID and leave the password blank.

Let me know if this resolves the issue. I'm here to provide further assistance.

Best regards,

Hannah