Forum Discussion

MelV13
User
3 months ago
Solved

Moving company data from one serial number to another

I need to transfer MYOB company data from one serial number to another so it is stand allone MYOB account. I have purchased the new MYOB accountright. 

Any information on how to do this would be greatly appreciate.

• Hi MelV13

Thank you for sharing your concern on this platform. I understand the advantages of having a unique serial number for your file, and I apologize for the delay in our response. 

Typically, the initial step in transferring your file to a different serial number involves removing the current serial number. This process is necessary to allow the same file to be confirmed under a new serial number. To guide you through this, I suggest going through this article, Serial Number Change or Removal, which will provide a step-by-step walkthrough.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MelV13

Thank you for sharing your concern on this platform. I understand the advantages of having a unique serial number for your file, and I apologize for the delay in our response. 

Typically, the initial step in transferring your file to a different serial number involves removing the current serial number. This process is necessary to allow the same file to be confirmed under a new serial number. To guide you through this, I suggest going through this article, Serial Number Change or Removal, which will provide a step-by-step walkthrough.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve