Forum Discussion

SMM
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Moving from Account Edge Pro to Account Right

Does anyone have any experience moving from AE Pro to AR? Specifically foing this mid financialy year.   We need to do this in the next few weeks. Any tips/tricks? I'm concerned about reporting via...
    3 years ago

Hi SMM 

I have assisted several clients with this process. It really doesn't matter when you do this, I personally would avoid 30 June as there is often too much other 'stuff' going on at the time.

It is true that when migrating a company file from AccountEdge to AccountRight there is potential STP duplication. This is how MYOB moderators advise you deal with this issue:

Zeroing Pay History:

1. Make a copy of your AccountEdge file specifically for this purpose
    2. In this copy go to Cards List>>Card File>>Select the desired employee's card.
    3. Within the card, select the Payroll Details>>Pay History section (left-hand side) select Show Pay History for Year-to-date.
    4. You would want to zero out all the information on that pay history before selecting OK
    5. Complete for all employees paid this payroll year.
    6. When you have zeroed out that pay, you would go through and process a zero dollar pay. This will zero out the pay history for that file so you don't have double ups
    7. Migrate the original AccountEdge file (not the zero pay copy)

In terms of migration, MYOB do provide a free migration service - check with them how long this will take and what data will come across, and what data you will likely lose. There is also a 3rd party conversion service which takes 4-6 hrs and costs $297, guaranteeing all your transactions come across as they are in the AccountEdge file. Send me a private message if you want contact details.

FYI You will notice AR2022 is considerably slower than AccountEdge:(

Regards

Gavin