Forum Discussion

StephP123
Experienced User
3 years ago

Bank Reconciliation should purchases

Hi,

I am having trouble with reconcilaing the account

Usually the "Reconcile Accouts" only shows the transaction that I have reconciled from the Bank Feed

However, stared from Nov, it is showing the bills that have been entered and showing as 'Purchase' , and we are unabel to balance the account with selecting it as the total with be different from the bank statement

Can you please investage the reason of this appearing and how can I fix that

Attached is the screen shot of the 'Reconcile Accounts winsow"

Thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi StephP123 

The Reconcile Accounts window will showcase all transactions that have been recorded to that account that has yet to be reconciled. 

So, in your case, I would recommend reviewing the accounts that you have been used on that transaction(s). Based on the screenshot, I would have it a guess that the linked account within Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Purchase Accounts -- Liability account for Tracking Payables would be set as that bank account. This does mean that as you are recording a purchase transaction to that account you are impacting that bank account thus it appears in the Reconcile Accounts window.  The other option is you have been using an item or a record on the purchase that is directly impacting that bank account. 

In terms of correcting that situation, updating the linked account (assuming it's a linking situation) would only correct it going forward. You would be looking at deleting those transactions and then re-entering them once that linked account has been updated.