Forum Discussion

vidario1
Trusted User
2 years ago
Solved

Direct debits - payments from customers

Hi there

Does anyone know how I would go about setting up a fortnightly direct debit payment from various customers? I have tried setting it up as a supplier ABA file (as it wouldn't let me choose customer), however when I processed in the bank it made a payment instead of requesting a payment. Does the ABA file payment amounts need to be in the negative?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

vidario

• Hi vidario (vidario1)

Thank you for your post. The function to create an ABA file is to allow users to pay suppliers or employees into their bank accounts using a bank file. This is only possible when you want to transfer money to other bank accounts, it won't work the other way around. 

If you want to be able to withdraw by direct debit, you'll need to make arrangements with another provider, as that is not possible to do with AccountRight at this stage.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi vidario (vidario1)

Thank you for your post. The function to create an ABA file is to allow users to pay suppliers or employees into their bank accounts using a bank file. This is only possible when you want to transfer money to other bank accounts, it won't work the other way around. 

If you want to be able to withdraw by direct debit, you'll need to make arrangements with another provider, as that is not possible to do with AccountRight at this stage.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

vidario1
      Trusted User

Thanks for confirming that this isn't possible in Accountright.

In the meantime I've found another solution that works.

Regards

vidario

anthonyha
      User

Hi , I am interested in having my customers pay by direct debit after 7 days . Can you please advise the best integration with myob that does this .

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, anthonyha 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Thank you for your interest. We truly appreciate it. Since you are looking for an MYOB-integrated application that will directly debit your customers after 7 days, we highly encourage you to visit our MYOB App Marketplace which will allow you to view the variations of our integrated applications that suit your business.

If you require additional assistance with this, kindly let us know. We are glad to help.

Best regards,

Doreen