Forum Discussion

ryadre
Trusted Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Online Payments not getting allocated (NZ)

Hi, I have started using the online payments feature. I have selected to pass on the surcharge.

I have selected 1-1000 Cheque Account to record payments, and 6-1800 Myob Merchant Fees for merchant fees in the online payment site.

I have received 2 online payments so far (on different days) and both times when I look in my bank feed, I see the payment come through but cant match it to the customer easily as the amount paid is different due to the fees applied.

For example my customer was invoiced $217.93 and I have recieved $218.56.  Customer was charged $217.93 plus $5.88 surcharge plus $0.88 gst on surcharge total $224.69

When I check account 6-1800 Merchant Fees it is empty, so is 1-1180 Undeposited Funds account.

The only thing I see is the payment amount of $218.56 showing in my bank feed, but it is 63 cents more than the amount owing by the customer so Im not sure whats happening or what is meant to happen. The invoice is obviously still open as well.

ryadre
    4 months ago

After an update to MYOB Accountright today, the online payment system and allocation is working as it should be, so there must have been an issue with it that they resolved. Thanks.

7 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, ryadre

Thanks for your post.

Please confirm the amount of the invoice sent to your customer. This will help us provide more information on how to correct the situation. We are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

ryadre
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Doreen

my customer was invoiced $217.93 and I have recieved $218.56

Thanks

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, ryadre

You can match the $217.93 from a bank transaction, and then the remaining $218.56 will be for manual allocation. Also, you can create an adjustment for the remaining amount. For more information regarding this, kindly check out the Help Articles: Matching bank transactions and Allocating bank transactions.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

ryadre
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Doreen

Possibly a bit of confusion here

The amount I recieved from the customer, after all the surcharges and gst were added and deducted was $218.56 into my bank account.

The original invoice was only $217.56

So I have received an extra 63 cents in my bank ($218.56 less $217.93 = $0.63) Unsure why I am recieving more money at the end of the surcharge process?

This happened last time as well when I received my first online payment.

And as well as receiving the extra money in my bank, it seems nothing is being allocated into the accounts selected in the online payments webpage. Mine of which are 1-1000 Cheque Account to record payments, and 6-1800 Myob Merchant Fee.

So at this stage all I have done is invoiced the extra 63 cents out so I could match up the payment. But going forward it would be good to work out why the online payments isnt working how I think it should? Or am I missing something?

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, ryadre

To better understand the situation, I'd appreciate it if you could provide the following information:

1. Screenshot of the invoice.
        2. Screenshot of your online invoice payment settings.
        3. Screenshot of your bank feeds window showing the $218.56 transaction.

Please make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the Forum.

Best regards,

Doreen