Forum Discussion

Jackio
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

PAYROLL CHEQUE ACCOCUNT CREDIT

Hi,

I have a credit of $1.00 in the payroll cheque account.

I under paid by the $1.00 one week and matched the bank feeds and then the following week paid an additional $1.00.

How can I clear this $1.00 credit.

Look forward to your help.

Regards

Jacki

• Hi Jackio 

Thanks for that information. It looks like you've added the $1.00 into the second payroll transaction. As the original pay transaction was correct and only the amount paid was incorrect you just need to adjust the amount paid in the second pay. 

So for the second pay:

Payroll $621.03

Spend Money $622.03

That way for the two pay runs the pay transactions total $1275.69 and the Spend money transactions total $1275.69.

To fix this you'd need to reverse the second pay and reprocess without the extra dollar.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jackio 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. So that I can assist can you clarify if the pay transaction was underpaid by $1 or just the amount transferred to the employee? Can you tell me exactly what transactions have been recorded?

Jackio
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey,

thank you for responding to my question.

On the balance sheet is $1.00 in credit.

Yes I underpaid $1.00 on the original pay

- Payroll $654.66

- Spend Money $653.66

The next pay I paid the extra $1.00

- Payroll $622.03

- Spend Money $622.03

Regards

Jacki

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Jackio 

Thanks for that information. It looks like you've added the $1.00 into the second payroll transaction. As the original pay transaction was correct and only the amount paid was incorrect you just need to adjust the amount paid in the second pay. 

So for the second pay:

Payroll $621.03

Spend Money $622.03

That way for the two pay runs the pay transactions total $1275.69 and the Spend money transactions total $1275.69.

To fix this you'd need to reverse the second pay and reprocess without the extra dollar.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.