Forum Discussion

Nicccc
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

import budget data

Are there insturctions for how to import budget data please?

I exported the (zero balances) budget file and entered the budget data but when i try to import the filled-in file it won't even match the import fields. It is not very user friendly. 

• Hi Nicccc,

Thank you for your post and sorry no one has responded to your query.

You can find instructions on importing and exporting data here: Importing and Exporting Data.

To obtain an example of the required format I suggest that you export your existing budgets from Accountright using the "Import and Export Assistant".

If you weren't too familiar with this, I would suggest testing this in your Clearwater Sample file and I would also advise taking a backup of the file before doing this task.

Let me know if you have any further queries. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Nicccc
    Experienced Cover User

My post is a week old now and i was needing to resolve this urgently : (

Sam_R
      Former Staff

Hi Nicccc,

Thank you for your post and sorry no one has responded to your query.

You can find instructions on importing and exporting data here: Importing and Exporting Data.

To obtain an example of the required format I suggest that you export your existing budgets from Accountright using the "Import and Export Assistant".

If you weren't too familiar with this, I would suggest testing this in your Clearwater Sample file and I would also advise taking a backup of the file before doing this task.

Let me know if you have any further queries. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Nicccc
        Experienced Cover User

Hi again

i accepted this as a solution but in fact it did not work for me. Although I was now able to match data fields and thought that the file was corectly imported, i can now see that many of the fields were left as zero, including all the revenue codes and a lot of the expense codes. This is a real pain and very annoying.