Forum Discussion

stephb
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to Export any Report to Excel

I cannot export any reports to Excel.

I've been on the phone with MYOB for a combined 3 hours now.  Have been transfered 4 times and cut off once.

One of the operators didn't even seem to know what a Balance Sheet was.

I've reinstalled AccountRight.  That didn't work.

Given that it's audit season, and telling my audit team I just can't give them the reports they need in excel isn't really an option, I would appreciate some assistance promptly.

This problem is just a huge waste of time at a very busy time of year.

• Hi stephb

Thank you for that. I can see that you're experiencing the error Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application.

Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi stephb

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please retrieve your AccountRight diagnostic log after attempting to export to excel and attach it to this thread as a .TXT file so I can take a look into this for you. 

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi stephb

Thank you for that. I can see that you're experiencing the error Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application.

Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.