Forum Discussion

JudithMulley
Experienced User
2 years ago

Cash flow statement options

I have started with a blank chart of accounts in MYOB Business and am adding accounts. I had no problem with asset, liability and equity accounts, but find that for income and expense accounts I can't specify where cash transactions involving these accounts would appear in the cash flow statement. There are already some accounts included and these also do not have that field available. Does the program automatically classify these transactions as Operating or does the MYOB cash flow statement not include these transactions? 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I am also having problems with the cash flow reporting.  It includes depreciation and inventory movements and there doesn't seem to be a way to exclude these from the Cash Flow report. Makes a nonsense of the answer.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi syrahnz

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with Cash Flow Report. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. You can update this report by following these steps.

How do I change the classification of my accounts:

1. Go to the Accounts command centre and click Accounts List.
      2. Click on the zoom arrow beside the account you want to change. The Edit Accounts window is displayed.
      3. [Optional] In the Account Type field, select the appropriate account type. Note that the Bank account type will not display on the Statement of Cash Flow report.
      4. Click the Details tab.
      5. In the Classification for Statement of Cash Flows field, select the required classification.
      6. Click OK.

You an also visit this help article for more information about: Statement of Cash Flow report
      Regards,
      Earl