Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Charging employees for car parking

Hi community,

I have been instructed to deduct a monthly cost from our employees payroll to cover parking that we provide them with. They will sign a payroll deduction authority. My questions are:

- do I need to raise a tax invoice for them

- if I dont raise a tax invoice, when I account for the income from the deduction, should it contain GST?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Julie

• Hi JuliePiet,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding your questions related to issuing a tax invoice form and GST, I'm afraid that I can't provide financial advice as I'm not permitted to do so. With that, I would suggest speaking with your accountant regarding your concern as they can provide you with more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JuliePiet,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding your questions related to issuing a tax invoice form and GST, I'm afraid that I can't provide financial advice as I'm not permitted to do so. With that, I would suggest speaking with your accountant regarding your concern as they can provide you with more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen