Forum Discussion

rosetav
Contributing Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Entering CDS Charges

How do we enter the Container deposit scheme (CDS) that has been charged to our company? We purchase drinks from suppliers & have noticed they are now charging us this extra fee.

How is this entered Myob? 

Can anyone help please

• Hi rosetav,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, you could create a new expense account for these fees charged. Or create an item that is not tracked in the system for the container fee and use this item to add the additional container fee to your bill. However, I would highly recommend speaking to your accountant regarding this matter.

Kindly refer to this Help article, which you might find useful in recording transactions in MYOB.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi rosetav,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, you could create a new expense account for these fees charged. Or create an item that is not tracked in the system for the container fee and use this item to add the additional container fee to your bill. However, I would highly recommend speaking to your accountant regarding this matter.

Kindly refer to this Help article, which you might find useful in recording transactions in MYOB.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

Cheers,

Princess