Forum Discussion

NikkiH
Experienced User
3 months ago
Solved

Entering pay wrong

Hi, Hoping someone can help me with an easy fix for my stuff up :)

I recently did a typo when paying wages which caused employee to get $30 more one week. No real issue and we thought it would be easy to just leave the pay run as it was and pay $30 less on next weeks. Thought that would be the simplest way to fix the silly situation. However when it comes to allocating the payment against the pay there is an issue. I thought I could just allocate the payment to the 2 different pay runs but it wont allow me - does this mean I need to go in and delete pay run and re - enter?

Just to be clear the pay runs were done correctly the typo was done when I was actually paying them through the bank system not through MYOB. So MYOB pay run says for instance that they should have been paid $230 but I actually transferred $260. So to fix the error we decided to transfer $200 the following week instead of the usual $230.

• Hi NikkiH,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies for the delay in my response. Are you still in need of help with allocating your bank transactions to your payroll? If an employee has been overpaid, you can make adjustments to their next pay. You can find more detailed instructions on how to do this in our Help article, Fixing a Pay.

In your specific situation, the challenge seems to be allocating your bank feed to your payroll transaction. To correct the situation, you'll need to reverse the original payment so it aligns with what you've received in your bank feeds. For instance, if your bank feeds show $260 but your recorded payroll transaction is only $230, these amounts will not match. To rectify this, you could reverse the original pay and initiate a pay run that matches the $260, ensuring that the details remain consistent when reprocessing the pay run. The next step would then be to adjust the employee's pay in the next pay period.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi NikkiH,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies for the delay in my response. Are you still in need of help with allocating your bank transactions to your payroll? If an employee has been overpaid, you can make adjustments to their next pay. You can find more detailed instructions on how to do this in our Help article, Fixing a Pay.

In your specific situation, the challenge seems to be allocating your bank feed to your payroll transaction. To correct the situation, you'll need to reverse the original payment so it aligns with what you've received in your bank feeds. For instance, if your bank feeds show $260 but your recorded payroll transaction is only $230, these amounts will not match. To rectify this, you could reverse the original pay and initiate a pay run that matches the $260, ensuring that the details remain consistent when reprocessing the pay run. The next step would then be to adjust the employee's pay in the next pay period.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess