Forum Discussion

5 months ago
Solved

Bank File has changed format?

Good Morning...Am trying to upload our creditors electronic payments into the bank but the format the file is normally saved in has changed...normally it reads myobdc.dbk but now reads myobdc.blk. The bank wont accept the blk file? Is there some way to change this? TIA

• Hi PELLECARE,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. To proceed, you'll need to generate a new import file. You can customize the format of this file by either editing an existing import profile or creating a new one on the Westpac website. When setting up the new import file, ensure that you choose the DeskBank Fixed Length option. For visual guidance, please refer to the screenshot provided below.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PELLECARE,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. To proceed, you'll need to generate a new import file. You can customize the format of this file by either editing an existing import profile or creating a new one on the Westpac website. When setting up the new import file, ensure that you choose the DeskBank Fixed Length option. For visual guidance, please refer to the screenshot provided below.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PELLECARE,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl