Forum Discussion

DAL-WA
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

bank reconciliation double up

Hello

Im having Trouble with one of my MYOB files only on the bank Reconciliation. When I go and reconcile against the bank statement I have notice that the Purchase (withdrawal x2) & Payment( deposit x 1) are entered 3 times

attached reconciliation MYOB Example $26.60

• Hi DAL-WA 

Thanks for your post and the screenshot. The two Purchase: xxxxx transactions, reference no's 00000010 and 00000009, look like your linked accounts are incorrect as purchase transactions wouldn't be posted to the bank account. The bill payment transactions are posted to the bank account.

Go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Purchases tab and check the account selected in the Liability account for tracking payables field. It should be the Accounts payable (Trade creditors) account. If it's the bank account, both the purchase and payment are being posted to the bank account causing duplicates.

The two ticked payment transactions have been matched with transactions in the Bank transactions window. Click on the expand arrow next to the amount to view details of the transaction. If you click on the reference no you can open the transaction to view the details.

Transactions 131 and 130 look like manually recorded supplier payment transactions, however, these transactions should appear as withdrawals not deposits. 

If you can click on the reference no's and send me screenshots of the 3 transactions for one amount I'll be happy to help further.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DAL-WA 

Thanks for your post and the screenshot. The two Purchase: xxxxx transactions, reference no's 00000010 and 00000009, look like your linked accounts are incorrect as purchase transactions wouldn't be posted to the bank account. The bill payment transactions are posted to the bank account.

Go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Purchases tab and check the account selected in the Liability account for tracking payables field. It should be the Accounts payable (Trade creditors) account. If it's the bank account, both the purchase and payment are being posted to the bank account causing duplicates.

The two ticked payment transactions have been matched with transactions in the Bank transactions window. Click on the expand arrow next to the amount to view details of the transaction. If you click on the reference no you can open the transaction to view the details.

Transactions 131 and 130 look like manually recorded supplier payment transactions, however, these transactions should appear as withdrawals not deposits. 

If you can click on the reference no's and send me screenshots of the 3 transactions for one amount I'll be happy to help further.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DAL-WA
      Experienced User

Hello Tracey

Thank you for your help it is appreciated. This is very helpfull and has sorted it all out

Yes I had the wrong link account

regard

Tarnia