Forum Discussion

TKWA
User
2 years ago
Solved

Online invoice payment closes invoice

Hi guys, 

With the latest update all online payments are getting added to the invoice and then been marked as closed. This means when the bank transactions comes into the feed to reconcile I can't match with the invoice as it has been closed. Where should I be allocating the invoice amounts that are coming through if I can't add to the paid invoice?

TKWA
    2 years ago

Hi Melisa,

Sorry it's not working. I've attached the screenshots of what I'm talking about (Blacked out client info)

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can fix this.

Thank you!

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TKWA 

Thanks for your post. Perhaps the following setting has been ticked? If you use bank feeds or import bank statements, you can set up MYOB to automatically reconcile your invoice payments to your bank feed to save time on admin. To do this, you need to select an account in MYOB to record online invoice payments:

1. Click your business name and choose Sales settings.
    2. Click the Payments tab.
    3. In the Invoice payments options section, click Edit preferences to open the Online payments settings page.
    4. On the Online invoice payments tab, select the ledger account to record online invoice payments:

5. If you want to pass on the credit card fees for MasterCard, Visa and AMEX payments, select this option and choose the MYOB account for recording your online invoice payment fees and charges. Learn more about Customer surcharging for online payments.

6. Click Save.

This is how it usually works:

When a customer makes an online payment, it'll automatically be recorded into your MYOB business, and the associated invoice will be closed off. You'll also receive an email notification about the payment. All credit and debit card payments made on the same day will be grouped and deposited into the settlement account you nominated when you set up online invoice payments. BPAY payments will be individually deposited into that same account. Because the payments are automatically recorded in your MYOB business, when the bank transactions come into your software (either via bank feeds or an imported bank statement), those payments can be easily matched. Learn more about how matching works.

TKWA
      User

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately that didn't fix my issue. It used to bring the payments through and match up but since the complete new look of MYOB Essentials has changed it has stopped doing it. So when the invoice is paid online the invoice closes and doesn't appear in the list for me to reconcile the payment in the bank feeds.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi TKWA

When the invoice has been marked as paid and closed off, you will need to match the bank feed transaction not allocate it as the transaction has already been created for you. If your customer payments aren't automatically matching to invoice payments in MYOB Business, can you please check to see if you have auto matching on. Go to Banking Bank rules and select the option Automatically match bank transactions to MYOB bills and invoices.

Detailed information on how to this works in the upgrade version of Essentials is available on this Help Article under reconciling customer payments.

Do let me know how you go.