Forum Discussion

alstain
Cover User
8 months ago

Westpac Credit Card Bank Feeds

Hi MYOB crew, just recently my Westpac Credit Card number was changed and it no longer appears in my Bank Feeds. It also does not show as an option when I sign into my Online Banking to add as an account/credit card to my bank feeds. I wondered if anyone else is having trouble with specifically Westpac Credit Cards and Bank Feeds?

5 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi alstain,

Thank you for your post, and a warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to learn that your Westpac Account is no longer appearing in your bank feeds. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. The resolution here largely depends on the bank's actions regarding your new card number. If the bank retains the same underlying account for the credit cards and simply updates the card number, your existing bank feed should continue to pull in transaction information seamlessly.

However, if the bank chooses to close the existing credit card account and open a completely new one, you will need to apply for a new bank feed for the new account. This will result in another bank feed being added to the Manage Bank Feeds window.

As a helpful tip: If the bank has indeed changed the account, you might want to consider creating a new account within your company file to link with the new bank feed. This can help keep your records organized and aligned with the new account.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl

remarkable
      Contributing Cover User

I am having this same issue with my westpac card - apparently I cannot link bank feeds for my personal credit card anymore (it was working until card was replaced) Unless I get a business credit card which is out of the question.

Even worse - MYOB wont let me import the statements manually!!! Keeps saying "The bank statement file cannot be imported" when I try to import the QIF or OFX so, unless I want to enter everything manually, I guess I need to switch to Xero (I'm THAT annoyed).

Also, MYOB cannot be phoned after 3pm in WA either so no help there. Not sure why I pay the monthly fee when I can't even get support 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi remarkable,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've encountered while trying to reach out for our support, and I'm here to help. It's completely understandable that you're feeling annoyed by the limitations with Westpac personal credit card bank feeds and the import statement issue.

As you mentioned, setting up bank feeds for Westpac personal credit cards isn't currently possible. You can find more details about this in this Help article: Setting up a bank feed for a Westpac account.

The error message "The bank statement file cannot be imported" could have two potential causes: the format or content of your QIF or OFX file, or that the bank account into which the QIF file has been imported is linked to a canceled bank feed. For detailed instructions regarding importing statements, please refer to this Help article: Import bank and credit statements.

Should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm more than happy to help in any way I can.

Cheers,

Princess