Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Transferring from MYOB Business Payroll Only to Business Pro and Seeting up Migration

I have signed into my account and Set up Business Pro from my old MYOB Business Payroll Only.  I was informed in an email enquiry last week that when I had set up my new Pro account, all the current information would migrate automatically to Pro.  This has not happened, I now have two different accounts with two different serial numbers.  I just wanted to superseed my old account for the new Pro with Payroll.  What can I do????

• Hi ABase35,

It's great to have you here in the Community Forum!

Thanks for reaching out. As per further checking, the file from your MYOB Business Payroll Only is not automatically migrated because your MYOB Business Pro created a new serial number. Your old subscription should just be upgraded so that files will still remain with the same serial number.

Here are the following steps you can take to resolve this:

1. Upgrading your MYOB Business Payroll Only subscription into Business Pro, steps, and a guide on how to do this are available in this helpful article: Manage your MYOB subscription.
    2. Export the date from your new serial number under MYOB Business Pro, then process a cancellation after. Steps and a guide on how to do this are available in this helpful article: Cancelling your MYOB subscription.
    3. Import the date to the old serial number, which is the newly upgraded subscription (MYOB Business Payroll Only).

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

2 Replies

• ABase35California Care wrote:

I have signed into my account and Set up Business Pro from my old MYOB Business Payroll Only.  I was informed in an email enquiry last week that when I had set up my new Pro account, all the current information would migrate automatically to Pro.  This has not happened, I now have two different accounts with two different serial numbers.  I just wanted to superseed my old account for the new Pro with Payroll.  What can I do????

Hello, ABase35 

I can see your post 

It seems like there’s been a hiccup with the migration process from your old MYOB Business Payroll Only account to the new Business Pro account. Here’s what you can do to resolve this issue:

Check Migration Guides: Review the MYOB Business upgrade guide to ensure all steps were followed correctly.
    Verify Account Details: Ensure that both accounts are under the same user details and that there are no discrepancies that might cause the migration to fail.

Serial Numbers: If you have two different serial numbers, MYOB support will likely need both to help resolve the issue and consolidate your accounts.

I hope my information is helpful to you.

Best Regard,
    ryan1969

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi ABase35,

It's great to have you here in the Community Forum!

Thanks for reaching out. As per further checking, the file from your MYOB Business Payroll Only is not automatically migrated because your MYOB Business Pro created a new serial number. Your old subscription should just be upgraded so that files will still remain with the same serial number.

Here are the following steps you can take to resolve this:

1. Upgrading your MYOB Business Payroll Only subscription into Business Pro, steps, and a guide on how to do this are available in this helpful article: Manage your MYOB subscription.
      2. Export the date from your new serial number under MYOB Business Pro, then process a cancellation after. Steps and a guide on how to do this are available in this helpful article: Cancelling your MYOB subscription.
      3. Import the date to the old serial number, which is the newly upgraded subscription (MYOB Business Payroll Only).

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella