Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Annual Leave Allowance

When I created a new employee under the new MYOB essentials system, I didnt select the pay item Annual Leave and Personal Leave.

Now 8 months later Ive just noticed this 'new' employee has no accumulated hours of annual leave or personal leave.  I have since added these pay items, but  Is there a way to calculate and then back date their annual leave to work out what they have accumulated?

Thanks 

• Hi JaneM78,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. Regarding entitlement calculations, when it comes to annual leave, you should multiply the hours worked on each pay period (7.6923%). Be sure to check the sick leave accrual to determine the applicable percentage.

For entitlements that could have accrued in the previous year, there are a couple of options. You can either undo finalization, then process an adjustment pay dated 30/06/2023 that includes only the 2023 YTD entitlement accruals. Alternatively, you can simply enter the entitlement balance on the employee card file under "balance adjustment."

For the current payroll year, you have the flexibility to process adjustment pay on a monthly basis, or you can add the total hours to the next pay run.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JaneM78,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. Regarding entitlement calculations, when it comes to annual leave, you should multiply the hours worked on each pay period (7.6923%). Be sure to check the sick leave accrual to determine the applicable percentage.

For entitlements that could have accrued in the previous year, there are a couple of options. You can either undo finalization, then process an adjustment pay dated 30/06/2023 that includes only the 2023 YTD entitlement accruals. Alternatively, you can simply enter the entitlement balance on the employee card file under "balance adjustment."

For the current payroll year, you have the flexibility to process adjustment pay on a monthly basis, or you can add the total hours to the next pay run.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl