Forum Discussion

4 months ago

Annual leave discrepancy

Can someone from MYOB contact me regarding the SUDDEN reduction in my employee's annual leave?

The entitlement for the estimated AL has been reduced by 17.49hours on the same payslip when you "upgraded" the system. 

It was embarrassing when I got confronted by my staff, and I had no answer!

SORT IT OUT!

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, YaMamba007

Thanks for your post.

The estimated leave balances are recalculated when moved to business to be more aligned with the Holiday Act. So the estimated accrued balances are estimated now by the employee's last anniversary and today's date, meaning the calculations are (entitlement divided by 365) times the number of days between the last anniversary and today's date = accrued balance. As opposed to the estimated accrued balance only updating every time a payment is processed. So it is a very similar way of calculating, but this way is better aligned with the Holidays Act.

MYOB Business uses a leave accrual calculation method aligned to the latest guidelines of the Holidays Act, so leave balances are only calculated and displayed in weeks. During the upgrade, leave balances in hours or days from MYOB Essentials are converted to weeks. Because of these changes, leave accrual balance amounts might be slightly different for some employees.

More information regarding this concern can be found in our Help Article: Learn about payroll changes after upgrading.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen