Forum Discussion

Hayley2
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Changing the payroll week

Hi there,

I want to change my payroll week from Tues- Mon to Mon-Sun.

Are there any probelms associated with this.

STP, Superannuation or any other issues 

Can I just run a six day payroll this week and then switch to the new week Mon - Sun next payroll ?

If anyone has done this in MYOB essentials your advice would be apprecited 

Thanks

Hayley

• Hi Hayley2 

Thanks for your post. If you use timesheets you can change the start of the pay week by clicking on your business name>>Payroll settings. Otherwise you can select the pay period when creating a pay run. As long as employees are paid all hours/amounts owing there wouldn't be any issues. 

I did this a few years ago, my only advice would be to give employees plenty of notice that there's going to be a short pay week so they can prepare.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Hayley2 

Thanks for your post. If you use timesheets you can change the start of the pay week by clicking on your business name>>Payroll settings. Otherwise you can select the pay period when creating a pay run. As long as employees are paid all hours/amounts owing there wouldn't be any issues. 

I did this a few years ago, my only advice would be to give employees plenty of notice that there's going to be a short pay week so they can prepare.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.