Forum Discussion

Somanny
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Error message when recording super

Hi,

I have an employee who has a SMSF. When I try to create a super payment and record the details an error has come up.

I tried to edit the superfund but the page is "grey" so I cannot actually make any changes. 

Please see attached erros messages.

Thank you

Somanny 

somanny.suy@live.com.au

• Hi Somanny

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Self managed funds can't be edited. Instead, you'll need to create a new self managed fund with the updated details and assign it to the applicable employee.

You'll need to enter a different name in the Name field to the one use previously to be able to save the new fund.

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Somanny

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Self managed funds can't be edited. Instead, you'll need to create a new self managed fund with the updated details and assign it to the applicable employee.

You'll need to enter a different name in the Name field to the one use previously to be able to save the new fund.

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Somanny
      Contributing User

Thank you for the information.

I added a number 1 to the end of the SMSF name and that worked.

Cheers

Somanny