Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Receiving error when recording payment

Hi I keep getting the same message when trying to record payment. "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser."

Melisa_D
    3 years ago

Hi HughBooks

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! I've found the cause of the error and have arranged to have your file repaired, the case number case01008377. Once our teams have fixed this they will email you an update. 

Do let me know how it goes. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

34 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MavenCEO
    Contributing User

Happening to me too, there doesn't even seem to be an error code that comes with it to filter down where the problem is coming from.

• Hi yennvisoryMavenCEO

Thanks for your posts. If you're still experiencing this can you please retrieve the Chrome Console errors so I can investigate:

To open the console can be opened using one of these methods

• Select the Chrome menu (3 vertical dots) and choose More Tools >> Developer Tools
    • Right click on the Chrome window and choose Inspect
    • Using the shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + I(nspect)

Once you've opened the console:

1. Choose the Console tab to view the logs being produced.
    2. Right click and choose Clear Console
    3. Please repeat the action that causes the error in your file. Any errors within the logs will be recorded in red error text.
    4. You can save the log as a .TXT file and attach it to this thread or please attach a screenshot
        Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi MavenCEO

Thanks for the error log. I've found the cause of the issue, it looks like there is duplicate records in the background of the file, I've submitted a file repair so that our team can fix this. Once resolved, you will receive an email from our teams and you should then be fine to apply those payments. 

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi EleniK1990

Thanks for your post. Can you please provide me with the last 4 digits of your product serial number so I can take a look into this for you. 

nmcginniss
      Partner

I am receiving the same error message when trying to access the End of Year Finalisation tab in the STP reporting centre. please see attached for the chrome log. the last 4 digits of my clients myob serial number is: 3565

many thanks,

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

HI nmcginniss

I'm unable to locate the account, can you please send me a private message with the full serial number so I can take a look into this for you. 

Hawk5
    Experienced User

Hi Melisa_D  and Tracey_H 

I am having the same problem and am very hopeful that you can assist! I spoke to someone for about 1.5 hours on MYOB helpline a few weeks ago but they were unable to assist (they tried everything and were very helpful).

I have trawled through the forums and finally found this thread.

Please find my console error log document attached. The last 4 digits of my serial number are 8913.

Thank you!

Melisa_D
      Former Staff

Hi Hawk5

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Looking at your serial number you have 2 files online, can you confirm the file ID of the file that you're having issues with (This can be found by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight) or please confirm the file name so I can assist. 

Hawk5
        Experienced User

Hi Melisa_D , thank you for your reply. The error is occurring on Company File ID: 1