Forum Discussion

Yundi
User
3 years ago
Solved

Pay run glitches

When we enter hours worked for an employee during a pay run and click out of it, the system will glitch and change the number itself. Or the amount of pay would not update accordingly to the hours worked. 

This glitch may be coming from the individual employee slaray and wages details. There is an option to put in "Hours in a pay cycle" except that most of the employee are on a casual basis so there is not set number of hours per cycle. What is the best way to go about this? Is this where the glitch is coming from? Are we able to keep the hours as 0? -If we do, would that change the pay details during the pay run? 

• Hi Yundi,

Thank you for your post. 

For casual employees with hours that change every period, I would suggest setting their standard pay fields all to zero so no hours are pre-populated when you start a new pay run every week. This can be done by heading to the relevant employee card > Payroll Details > Standard Pay > zero out every relevant field with amounts/hours in them > press SAVE

Additionally, when you enter the hours into their fields during the pay run, try using the 'Tab' key on your keyboard instead of clicking out of it. 

Let me know how you get on, or if you issue persists - happy to assist further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Yundi,

Thank you for your post. 

For casual employees with hours that change every period, I would suggest setting their standard pay fields all to zero so no hours are pre-populated when you start a new pay run every week. This can be done by heading to the relevant employee card > Payroll Details > Standard Pay > zero out every relevant field with amounts/hours in them > press SAVE

Additionally, when you enter the hours into their fields during the pay run, try using the 'Tab' key on your keyboard instead of clicking out of it. 

Let me know how you get on, or if you issue persists - happy to assist further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• This does not work, it doesnt allow you to enter zero.

It comes up with an error at the top which says ' Hours in a pay cycle must be greater than zero.'

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi cmccormick,

In the steps provided above, this is referring to entering a zero in the 'Standard pay' window, not the 'Hours per pay cycle' field. See above.