Forum Discussion

JM65
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

SALARY SACRIFICE STP2

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, I noticed last months payroll activity gross figures were different to STP2, the difference being the salary sacrifice. This was picked up when doing our BAS. Didnt have this problem previously with STP1. 

Thank you.

• Hi, JM65 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If the figures were different from the two reports and you were able to identify what caused the discrepancy, kindly check the ATO Reporting Category used for the Salary Sacrifice. Usually, an ATO Reporting Category hasn't been selected for STP Phase 2. For further information, kindly check The Help Article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll.

Once done, please send an update event so that the changes will show up. And then, check the reports again to see if the figures are all correct. 

Please let us know if you require assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

24 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, JM65 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If the figures were different from the two reports and you were able to identify what caused the discrepancy, kindly check the ATO Reporting Category used for the Salary Sacrifice. Usually, an ATO Reporting Category hasn't been selected for STP Phase 2. For further information, kindly check The Help Article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll.

Once done, please send an update event so that the changes will show up. And then, check the reports again to see if the figures are all correct. 

Please let us know if you require assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

JM65
      Contributing User

Hi,

In regards to my previous email we hadnt noted a ATO catergory, so we fixed this and I sent an update through STP2, but the figures are still not matching, STP2 does not have the salary sacrifice in the gross payments. 

Thank you for your help.

• Hi JM65,

Thank you for your response.

Can I please confirm if you're referring to the YTD verification report in your STP reporting center? Only reporting categories assigned to gross payments will be reported as gross payments in the STP reporting center. If your payroll register report matches your YTD verification report, then go to your EOFY tab and open the individual payment summaries by selecting the (…) next to the employee's name.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

JM65
      Contributing User

Hi,

No I wasnt referring to YTD reports but had a quick look at them and they dont match either.

I was referring to the monthly report for wages and STP figures in the ATO portal for the BAS they dont match and this is because of the salary sacrifice. In myob the salary sacrifice did not have a ATO reporting catergory which I have sinced fixed and as previously advised sent an update through STP, but nothing has changed.

My concern is that the incorrect amount is being reported.

Thank you for your assitance

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JM65,

Thank you for clarifying this.

The reporting rules for salary sacrifice differ between STP and activity statements as they serve two different purposes. The income reported at W1 on the activity statement should be post-salary sacrifice (so the salary sacrifice amount is not included). In this matter, you'll need to check the setup of your salary sacrifice and how it was reported. If the assigned ATO reporting category is RESC (Reportable Employer Super Contributions), this is normally not included in your gross payments when doing BAS. Please refer to this Help article regarding lodging activity statements.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess