Forum Discussion

nal1
User
29 days ago
Solved

Pre-fill incorrect at W1 when salary sacrifice to super?

Good afternoon,

I am finalising BAS and the pre-fill at W1 includes an amount that has been salary sacrificed in full to the employee's superannuation. When attempting to override W1, an ATO pop-up message states it differs from STP amount already reported.

Could I please get some advice on my set-up of this superannuation pay item, as from what I have read I don't think it is reporting STP correctly. ATO advises the amount at W1 should be the post-sacrificed amount, and in this case the entire amount was sacrificed to superannuation.

This is most likely the way I have set up the superannuation pay item, but after looking through the forums, I can't figure out where I've gone wrong, and would appreciate some assistance.

Thank you and kind regards,

Nal

Edited to add further detail in case it's required; this is for STP2, the salary sacrifice was set up under the supannuation tab, the employee chose to forego their entire salary as a pre-tax deduction, diverting the whole amount $10,500 to their super fund, which was successfully paid, along with their usual super guarantee. The issue is the amount is showing at W1 in the ATO portal.

7 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi nal1,

Thanks for your detailed post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

What I would suggest is checking with the ATO to determine the correct reporting category. According to (Set up salary sacrifice superannuation), it should be "reportable employer super contributions."

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

nal1
      User

Hi Earl,

Thank you for your welcome, and for your reply.

Regarding that category, I don't actually have that as an option to select. The dropdown box only has 'To be assigned', 'Not reportable' and 'Salary Sacrifice and RESC'.

Is there any way to add the additional category?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Nal

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi nal1,

Thanks for your response. Yes, you'll need to select the RESC (Reportable Employer Super Contributions).

Regards,
        Earl